If everyone showed as much love and kindness to each other every day as opposed to just valentines day, how much different could our world be?
I love this video! It speaks the truth in a fun and lighthearted way! Plus the kid is adorable! :P
I’ve just realized that at this time next week I’ll be preparing for just about the biggest concert/event of my life so far. I’m going to be in a room with the state’s top 200 students singing and perfecting amazing music for my dream concert the next day. I am so overly excited I don’t even know how to describe it. Being a part of the prestigious all-state choir has been one of my biggest goals since I was little. It sounds dumb to myriads of people, singing classical choral music, and I understand that. But what they don’t get that I do is the fact that the sheer power and the perfection and intricacy and depth of the music is enough to move your soul and make you feel something. This isn’t just a normal hodge-podge concert. This is big. Only a fraction of people get to experience being in a choir like this. It’s probably the closest thing to a professional chorus that I’ll ever be a part of, and I am so thankful that I get to be a part of it. I’m getting the chance to work with a professional conductor and learn new things and meet new people and perfect the craft of song that I love so much.
I just… I can’t even begin to thank God enough that He has given me this talent and this drive to do better and to be better. I am a goal setter and a dream chaser, and I’ve chased one of my dreams down, and I can only give the glory to God for catching it. When I sing with all those talented, amazing, beautiful people I will be giving it all to Christ, because without Him, I wouldn’t have gotten there in the first place. It is a monumental blessing that has fallen from His hand and into mine.
This time next week I will be experiencing a dream. I will have already worked 3 endlessly tiring days with just the performance in my sight, and all that time and all that energy will be worth it. Oh so worth it. And for that I cannot wait. I am so ready.
i think it’s so neat that everyone develops their own unique handwriting even though we’re all taught to write our letters the same way really it’s so cute
YES. this is one of my favorite things about the human race.
do you ever think about how weird reading is
our eyes are able to scan these different symbols and construct the scenarios and concepts they describe in our mind
and these concepts have the power to twist our emotions and make us cry and laugh and wow reading is weird
Ten Things To Do When You Feel Like Crap:
1. Have a really hot, long shower. Cry if you need to. Sit on the ground. Feel sorry for yourself. Let the steam soak into your skin. Let the hot water wash your face clean. But the moment you turn off that water, you are done feeling sorry for yourself. Make a decision to move on from that sadness.
2. Clean. I know, cleaning is boring and annoying - but how about that feeling you get when you are finished? The smell of the vacuum. That feeling of accomplishment? Who knows, you might even find money along the way. Totally worth it. It’s like starting with a clean slate.
3. Call a friend you haven’t spoken to for a while. If your first choice doesn’t pick up, choose someone else. Ask them all about how their lives are going and tell them about yours. Not only will it take your mind off whatever crappy thing you have been plagued by, but you will laugh with them! Laughing triggers endorphins and endorphins make you happy!
4. Go for a run or a walk. This get’s your endorphins and dopamine going crazy. You will get more energy and more happiness just because the chemicals in your body are running around!
5. Stop and take it all in. Walking in the night? Stop and look at the stars. Breathe in the cold air. Feel alive.
6. Stop whining. Ever heard the saying “love life and life will love you back”? Or, the idea of the power of attraction? It’s true! If you sit around saying “why me, waaaaa waaaa” then bad things will happen to you. You’re already defeated. If you start saying, “I will be happy, I will accomplish my ambitions, I will find love, I do look amazing, I am a great friend” etc., then not only will you start to believe them but you will be amazed at what amazing things start to happen.
7. Drink tea. This always works. Not a tea fan? Try hot water with a slice of lemon and some agave syrup.
8. Make a conscious decision to stop holding certain grudges. We all have people we have held grudges on in the past. Let them go. If you feel like you owe this person an apology, don’t be too proud. Send them a sincere facebook apology. Sincerity is in the intent, so even if it’s a 2 sentence apology - as long as you mean it it’s worth it.
9. Cook some really nice, warm food. Stimulate your taste buds with anything as simple as two minute noodles or as lavish as a three course garlic bread, pasta bake, chocolate mousse triple combo.
10. Write down a list of goals to achieve for the week. As simple as “buy insect repellent” or as large as “jog for 25 minutes non stop” and tick them off when they’re done. You will feel very accomplished and that alone will help pep up your mood!
Just some of my thoughts on the losses in the shooting today…
It breaks my heart and I couldn’t help but think today that these kids were innocent. They will never experience falling in love or the rush on their first day of high school. They’ll never find out what it’s like to earn responsibility and become their own unique individual or what it’s like to stay up all night and watch the sunrise/sunset with best friends or significant others. They’ll never know their 16th birthday or marriage or college. They barely even started at their life before it was snatched away from their hands.
I think aside from mourning over this tragedy we should all step back and realize how fragile yet amazing life is and that we all take advantage of it every day. Be thankful for life, no matter how awful it may seem at times. It’s terrible that people need these kind of wake up calls to realize that life is something great.
We also can’t forget about those small children who witnessed the massacre and have lived through it. Seeing someone die right in front of you at an age where you don’t even understand death or barely grasp its meaning is heart-wrenching. A plethora of them will probably suffer from post traumatic stress disorder because of that one man’s idiocy; those memories will never go away. They can try, but they will always experience it over again through flashbacks or nightmares. It breaks my heart that their minds have been exposed to such evil and horror.
I’m praying for the families in Connecticut. This situation is in God’s hands, and I believe that his control and will is perfect. We must keep that in mind. Even when it’s so hard.
Sometimes I believe that we as humans take our lives entirely too lightly. What I mean by that is this: we are this incredible cluster of cells and tissues and bones and muscle and emotion, but we never stop to really think about what gift God has given us by just simply giving us life! We are not just some random little piece of life. Our genetic makeup is different from every single person in the world! Does that not blow your mind?!
Our lives were not put together by just some random happening. No way. It just doesn’t make sense! Think about it! How could the universe just randomly put together a creature so unique and so intricate that every system is connected to help the others and alerts our brain, which is a miracle in and of itself, if something is wrong or odd. We are so, so magnificent compared to every other living thing on this Earth. That is not something to take lightly. That is something to praise God for! He loved us enough to make us so awesome and so unique!
Now you’re probably thinking that the point of this is to rebuke tattoos or piercings or whatever, but its not at all. I’ve just been so in awe of God’s extreme eye for creation and his great love for us in making us in such a distinct and purposeful way. I just can’t keep it to myself! We have been given this gift of life and this body to use for His will and His purpose. We are not here to party and to live life by yolo. Take your life seriously and make it meaningful. Even if you don’t think you have meaning or a purpose you do. You have been created for something wonderful. The mix of cells and DNA that you call you is not just here. You may just not know what your life is for just yet. Be patient, and in the meantime, thank God for making you so intricate and awesome and unique and precious and special and whatever other word you can think of. Blessings.
try to explain the difference between left and right
My favorite was always trying to describe color without using its name. Like explain red to someone.
The worst one is try thinking up a color that doesn’t exist
What does water taste like
omg stop my brain
|My Brother:||Is it illegal to expose yourself to a blind person?|
|My Brother:||Why is it called a building when it's already built?|
|My Brother:||If money doesn't grow on trees, why do banks have branches?|
|My Brother:||When something is shipped by ship it's called cargo, but when something is shipped by car it's called a shipment...|
|My Brother:||If love is blind, then why is lingerie so popular?|
|My Brother:||Why is impediment so hard to say when used to describe someone who has a hard time talking?|
|My Brother:||What's the speed of dark?|
|Me:||-awake forever trying to figure out all the answers-|
Oh Lord, You know me in and out and lovely are your thoughts about me. How great Your mercy is for me. I am thankful that You chose me, though I am so deeply unworthy; And so, with all that is within me - I will say ‘Abba Father, have Your way’. And Even when I’m walking through the valley of death, and I’m broken and nothing is left - Still, You lead me on. I am so thankful to You - In your love for me. You’re worthy Lord, and so I’ll pour my tears in the ocean, and I’ll leave my pain by the shore. And know that I can be thankful that Your mighty wave will sweep them away, until they are no more. I am thankful that when I am in fear, Lord - You hide me, You bury me deep within your wings and carry all my fears and worries, and You lift me when I am lowly. Father I am thankful, that You wrap me in your arms of safety when the battle’s raging, and with me sheltered below your wings - You’re fighting for me. Greater than all things that I could ever thank You for Lord, I am thankful that there’s freedom from my past, and there’s hope in my future. I am thankful that You are my today, You are my tomorrow, and You are my forever. Saviour, I am forever thankful, forever in love, forever Yours.